Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Good Week for Ginger - SNAP is out!


SNAP, the much anticipated -- at least by me -- gingersnap spirit by Art in the Age of Mechanical Reproduction is now out. It's been out for days! How did I miss this?

I may sound ginger obsessed, and perhaps I am. I'm okay with that. I'm also fascinated with AitA's spirits projects. I love Root, their first foray into booze, which evokes the pre-prohibition alcoholic Root tea that became, courtesy of the Temperance movement, root beer. On the rocks or mixed with cream soda, it's quite tasty.

Plus, I have a history of trying for slightly off-the-wall spirit flavors myself. I already mentioned the ginger vodka (the secret is equal parts fresh and candied ginger, for a touch of sweetness and complex ginger flavor). I also took it one step further and created a gingersnap vodka, infused with the spices that go into gingersnap cookies and, yes, molasses for sweetness. It really did taste like alcoholic gingersnaps.

So I have a strong interest in Snap. Not only do I love ginger, but I'm probably one of the few people who has tried for this flavor myself before. I want to see how theirs came out.

1 comment:

  1. How can you speak of these awesome things and NOT post recipes!!!! Also, is AitA a local distillery, or can I find them lurking around the Boston area?

    ReplyDelete