Thursday, June 16, 2011

A la mode: A new project begins

As you may have noticed, Delicious Nadine has been on hiatus since, er, January. Oops.

Anyway, I'm back, and tastier than ever. I just moved into a neighborhood where Italian, Mexican, Vietnamese, and Cambodian foods all coexist -- plus some American, French, and what-not. There are three places that sell gelato within a short walk from home. One is literally across the street. In a bakery. Basically, I've moved to food heaven.

Plus, my friend Cherie convinced me to come in on a pie baking club this summer. The rules are simple: bake a pie a week, post pics on Facebook.

That sounded great until I bought a fabulous new ice cream recipe book: The Perfect Scoop. David Lebovitz is a major pastry dude who spent 13 years in the kitchen at Chez Panisse before moving to Paris to hang out and write. I know, tough life. His book is so beautiful that it makes me want to make ice cream all summer long.

A compromise then: I'll alternate. One week, pie. The next, ice cream. Now and then, both.

Keep any eye out, my friends, for a very delicious summer indeed: the summer of A la mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment